Golden waffles flavored with high quality, organic dark chocolate. Made of einkorn flour for easier digestion, these indulgent breakfast treats are sure to please even the most picky palates.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup kefir
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup einkorn flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 3-ounce bar of dark chocolate*
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the egg yolks, vanilla, kefir, milk and melted butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon; add this dry mixture into the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir everything together well.
- Spoon about a half a cup of batter at a time onto the hot waffle iron, close, and cook until golden brown.
- Top with lightly cooked raspberries like we did or your topping of choice.
*We like to use high-quality, unrefined chocolate made with nothing but organic ingredients like cacao beans, cane sugar, cocoa butter, and vanilla beans.
Adapted from our spelt Belgian waffle recipe.
- Category: Waffles
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: einkorn flour, Belgian waffles, chocolate chips