This gluten-free crustless vegetable quiche is a perfect make-ahead solution if you’re short on time. Bake yours today to enjoy a hot breakfast tomorrow!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 10 thin stalks asparagus
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a deep dish pie pan.
- Prep the vegetables. Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onions, diced red peppers, and chopped asparagus, and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the asparagus is cooked. Remove from heat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, cayenne, and black pepper. Stir in the sauteed vegetables, cheese, and fresh spinach. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the prepared pie pan, and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to cool for at least 5 minutes. Then slice and serve! Quiche can also be made the day before and popped in the oven for about 15 minutes to reheat before serving.