Made with only six ingredients including ground almonds and unsweetened shredded coconut, these raw truffles are sweetened with honey and contain no refined sugars. Easy to make but packed with flavor.
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus 1/4 cup, set aside)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients but the reserved 1/4 cup coconut in a food processor (or Vitamix or other strong blender), stopping to scrape down sides as needed. When ready, batter should be soft and dough-like, easy to form into balls.
- Taste to see if the sweetness is right for you and add more honey if desired.
- Place 1/4 cup coconut in a bowl or dish; form batter into little balls and roll them in the coconut, placing them in mini liners as you go.
- Chill in the fridge and keep cold. I find they actually improve with time.
- Category: Truffles
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: coconut, truffles, raw, gluten-free, candy, healthy, honey