A quick and hearty wintertime family meal.
- 1/2 lb Penne pasta
- 1 15 oz can reduced sodium stewed diced tomatoes Italian style
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- pinch Basil (dried )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix meat, egg, a handful of bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mixture should stick together and form balls but should not be too dry, if too dry add a little juice from the tomatoes.
- Form mixture into balls. Pour oil into skillet and heat over medium heat until hot, place meatballs into skillet one at a time and brown them on all sides, they should still be pink in the middle.
- Remove meatballs and place in baking dish, cover with foil and place in oven. Allow to cook while preparing pasta.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and add tomatoes including the juice. Toss pasta until coated. Add meatballs and toss again, if there seems to be too much tomato juice, allow to cook, uncovered, on stove top over low heat until most of the liquid is gone. Serve with green salad.
If you are looking for easy, healthy recipes you should give this one a try.