These buckwheat cookies are delicious little mounds of goodness sweetened only with bananas and maple syrup. Less sweet and with no refined sugar, these are comfort food without (as much) guilt.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 oz chopped dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine bananas, oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- In a larger bowl, combine flour, baking soda, coconut, and salt. Add banana mixture to dry mixture and blend until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop batter onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: comfort food
Keywords: buckwheat, healthier cookies, chocolate, no refined sugar