- 1 peeled, frozen banana
- 1 unpeeled, room-temperature banana
- Optional: cacao nibs, chopped nuts, etc.
- Turn oven and set temperature to 350F(180C). Put frozen banana in high-speed blender or food processor and puree until smooth, using the tamper if you’re using a Vitamix. Scoop out mixture into a bowl and place in freezer.
- Set unpeeled banana on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in now-preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, slice down the middle vertically, pushing the opening at each side to widen it and make room for ice cream on top.
- Scoop the frozen banana mixture on top of the banana.
- Top with cacao nibs, chopped nuts or whatever you like.
To make this for a crowd, do everything times the number of people you’re looking to serve! The ice cream would be even easier when blended in bulk.