After the first sip of this Dark Mint Dream cocktail, you will be hooked. It’s an easy, fresh way to add some pop to your happy hour.
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large mint leaves
For the Cocktail:
- 4 large mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1 1/2 fl oz white rum
- 1 fl oz espresso
- 1 fl oz heavy cream
- 3/4 fl oz mint simple syrup
- 1 fl oz club soda
- Whipped cream, for garnish
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine ingredients for the simple syrup over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and cover. Let steep for 20 minutes, then remove and discard mint leaves. Cool completely before using in the cocktail.
To Make the Cocktail:
- In a cocktail shaker, add mint leaves and muddle.
- Add rum, espresso, cream, and simple syrup.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
- Pour without straining into a cocktail glass filled with ice. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Nutritional info includes calorie counts for one serving of flavored simple syrup, not the whole batch. Leftover simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week to 10 days.
Keywords: cocktail, coffee cocktail, espresso, mint