A delicious easy sangria recipe. Strawberries, apples, and lime mixed with red wine and a bit of maple syrup make this the perfect blend. Perfect for a party!
- 2 small tart apples
- 1/2 pint strawberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 750mL bottle red wine
- 1/3–1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3–4 cups bubbly water
- Rinse all the fruit. Core the apple, then cut into very thin (1/8″) wedges. Chop the strawberries into 1/2″ pieces, and slice the line cross-wise into thin (1/8″) wedges. Combine all the fruit in a pitcher.
- Add the orange juice and 1/3 cup maple syrup, then pour the wine over top. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything up – it’s okay if it gets mashed up a bit.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours minimum, preferably overnight. Taste for sweetness, and add more maple syrup if needed.
- When serving, mix equal volumes of wine and bubbly water, then add some of the fruit and a couple ice cubes. If serving it all at once, add 3-4 cups of bubbly water to the pitcher, mix to distribute, and serve immediately.
Do you love apples in your mixed drinks and cocktails? If so, check out our ideas on adding more of them to your boozy concoctions.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 30 minutes