If there’s a cocktail that says “holiday cheer” loud and clear, it’s homemade eggnog. The creamy spiked mixture will make any grinch smile.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for serving
- 4 large egg whites
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed until they lighten in color. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon, cognac, and nutmeg, stirring to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to form soft peaks on medium-high speed. With the mixer still running, gradually add the remaining tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Chill for 2 hours and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Christmas
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: eggnog, nutmeg, Christmas, holiday beverage