Your festive gathering is about to get a whole lot more tasty when you serve this flavorful German-style punch.
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 40-oz bottle Altbier (if not using cola, a lite beer is preferred), chilled
- 2 cups cola, chilled
- 1 tsp cherry liqueur
- The night before your event, soak the cherries in the sherry in a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate all ingredients.
- Drain cherries, and reserve the sherry for later use.
- On the day of the event, combine the Altbier, cola, and cherry liqueur in a large punch bowl or glass pitcher. Stir to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve in glasses filled with ice. Garnish each glass with one or two sherry-soaked maraschino cherries.
Nutritional information includes 1 maraschino cherry per glass for garnish, not the whole batch.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: punch, cocktail, German, cola, cherry