There’s no need to run out to buy mixer for your tequila fix when you can make this fresh margarita recipe. It’s vibrant, bright, and tasty.
For the Salt Rim:
- 1 Tablespoon coarse salt, or kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
For the Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 fl oz silver tequila
- 1 fl oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 fl oz orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
- To make the salt rim, combine salt and lime zest in a shallow bowl. Stir to combine.
- Use a lime wedge to moisten the rim of a margarita glass. Rim the glass in the lime-salt mixture, twisting to coat well.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup. Shake to chill and combine.
- Fill rimmed glass with ice. Strain margarita into the glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
- Category: Margarita
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: margarita, tequila, cocktail, adult beverage, lime, happy hour