An autumnal twist on the traditional margarita, our pumpkin spice version is a delicious fall-flavored way to enjoy tequila.
For the Flavored Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- One 1/2-inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
For the Rimming Mix:
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Cocktail:
- 2 fl oz reposado tequila
- 1/2 fl oz Cointreau, or your favorite orange liqueur
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 fl oz pumpkin spice simple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 100% pumpkin puree
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cover. Let steep for 25 minutes.
- Drain the mixture and discard the cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger. Set aside to cool completely, or transfer to a lidded jar or airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
To Make the Sugar Rim:
- When you’re ready to make the cocktail, add the sugar and pumpkin pie spice to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Transfer to a small plate or shallow saucer.
- Wet the rim of a cocktail glass and rim with spiced sugar. Set aside.
To Make the Cocktail:
- Add all cocktail ingredients to a shaker filled with ice. Shake well to combine.
- Fill your rimmed cocktail glass with ice and strain the margarita into the glass. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information below includes the quantity of simple syrup used to make one cocktail, not the entire batch.
- Category: Margaritas
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: fall, autumn, pumpkin spice, pumpkin, margarita