Need a boozy beverage to warm you up on a chilly day off? Make our Irish coffee mixed with whiskey and topped with lightly whipped cream.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups strong hot coffee
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- In a small, cold metal bowl, briefly whisk the cream by hand until it just starts to thicken but is still pourable, without developing any peaks. Place in the refrigerator as you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of fresh hot coffee.
- Place two teaspoons light brown sugar in each heatproof glass or mug. Pour 3/4 cup hot coffee, then 1/8 cup whiskey, into each glass. Stir with a teaspoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Hold a clean metal teaspoon upside-down over the top of one mug at a slight angle, with the tip pointing down towards the liquid. Gradually pour half of the lightly whipped cream over the back of the spoon into the glass so that it floats on top, creating a separate layer.
- Pour the remaining whipped cream over the second glass.
- Serve immediately, without stirring.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Coffee Maker
- Cuisine: Beverage
Keywords: Irish, coffee, whiskey, heavy cream, brown sugar