Adding some booze to hot coffee creates a fun beverage. Try Pharisäer Kaffee, a North Frisian drink with strong coffee, rum, and whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups strong hot coffee
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 cubes turbinado sugar
- Whip the cream by hand with a whisk in a large mixing bowl or with the whisk attachment on your stand mixer until soft, fluffy peaks form, about 2 minutes. Cover and place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- Prepare two cups of strong hot coffee.
- Gently heat the rum in a small saucepan over low heat just until it starts simmering, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place two sugar cubes in each mug. While they’re still hot, immediately pour 1 cup coffee and 1/8 cup rum into each mug. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Top each drink with whipped cream and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Alcoholic Drinks
Keywords: coffee, rum, drink, pharisee, Pharisäer Kaffee