Go all-natural with your favorite taste of fall – make an easy pumpkin flavored coffee creamer to start your day off right this season.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together milk, cream, pumpkin, and maple syrup.
- When steam begins to rise, after about 2-3 minutes, stir in pumpkin spice. Cook another 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and stir well.
- Let cool completely, then transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe slightly adapted from Deliciously Organic.
You can strain the mixture through a mesh sieve before pouring into the jars to remove any flecks of spices, if you prefer.
For a dairy-free version: substitute 1 1/2 cups canned coconut milk in place of the milk and cream listed above.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Creamer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Coffee
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin spice, coffee creamer