Rüdesheimer Coffee has everything you want in a fun, boozy drink: brandy, coffee, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a fiery presentation.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 sugar cubes
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 1/2 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Whip the cream by hand with a whisk in a large mixing bowl or with the whisk attachment on your stand mixer until soft, fluffy peaks form, about 2 minutes. Cover and place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- Clean and completely dry two heatproof mugs and place them on a heatproof surface away from any flammable objects. Place two sugar cubes in each mug.
- Gently heat the brandy in a small saucepan over low heat just until it starts simmering, but not boiling, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour an equal amount over the sugar cubes in each mug.
- Working quickly, light a long matchstick and carefully flambe the brandy in one mug. Allow the flames to completely die out, about one minute.* Using a long heat-resistant spoon, carefully stir the brandy to evenly distribute and dissolve the remaining sugar. Repeat with the other mug.
- Pour an equal amount of the hot coffee into each mug.
- Top each drink with whipped cream, lightly sprinkle with chocolate shavings, and serve
If the flame is still burning after 1 minute, smother the fire by inverting a large, long-handled pot over the mug. Leave the pot on the mug for 10 seconds, and remove the pot with metal tongs or pot holders, lifting by the handle.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Coffee
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cocktail
Keywords: coffee, brandy, whipped cream, chocolate, rudesheimer, kaffee