Need a bubbly beverage that packs a punch? Finished with sparkling water, this mint and lime libation is infused with spicy ginger.
- 2 cups water
- 2-inch knob fresh ginger root, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 cup honey
- Juice of 2–3 limes (about 1/3 cup), plus lime slices/wedges for garnish
- 2–3 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cups chilled sparkling water or club soda
- Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the ginger and mint. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Using cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve, strain the liquid into a container big enough to hold 4 cups. Using the back of a spoon, press down on the ginger and mint to extract as much flavor as possible. Stir in the honey. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and stir in the fresh lime juice.
- Divide the ice cubes among 4 10-ounce glasses and pour the mint-ginger beverage on top. Add sparkling water to taste/to fill the glasses, stir gently, and then garnish each glass with the lime slices or wedges, mint sprigs, and edible flowers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Non-alcoholic
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Beverage
Keywords: mint, lime, ginger, splash, non-alcoholic