An icy avocado smoothie is delicious, creamy, and healthy, making it ideal for breakfast or even as a healthy afternoon snack.
- 2 cups coconut milk (or coconut water)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (from about 1/2 lime), or juice of 1/2 medium orange
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave syrup (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp hydrolyzed collagen (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup ice
- In a Vitamix or other high-speed blender, layer coconut milk, lime juice, honey, vanilla, collagen, avocado, and ice, with the liquid ingredients added closest to the blade and the frozen ingredients added the furthest away. Blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and add more honey if desired. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blender, No-Cook
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: avocado, smoothie, dairy-free, coconut milk