There’s no better way to start your day off on the right food than with a chocolate banana breakfast smoothie, made with nutritious ingredients.
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground flax or chia seeds (optional)
- 1 medium-sized frozen ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Layer the ingredients in the blender in the order listed above, from milk to ice cubes. The frozen ingredients should be added last, or furthest away from the blades, to help push down the other ingredients.
- If you have a bottom loading blender, simply flip the order so the frozen ingredients will still be furthest away from the blades.
- Secure the top and blend until smooth, for 20-30 seconds. Serve immediately.
- Note: Make this recipe dairy-free and vegan by substituting the milk and yogurt of your choice.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: healthy, chocolate, banana, breakfast, smoothie