Cold and flu season is here to stay. When you feel the first sign of sickness, it’s time to make this get well green smoothie.
- 1 cup orange juice, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chia or ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup packed torn kale leaves with stems removed, or spinach
- 1 banana, cut into quarters
- 1 small apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango or pineapple chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, adding them in the order listed.
- Process until smooth. You can add a little more orange juice if it seems too thick.
- Pour into two glasses and serve.
Keywords: smoothie, greens, kale, spinach, fruit, healthy recipes, clean eating