Spices have very high levels of antioxidants. This masala-blended turmeric tea is delicious and aromatic, and contributes to your good health, too.
- 6-8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric or 2 tablespoons freshly sliced
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks or 2 teaspoons ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2-by-2-inch (approximately) piece of fresh ginger, coarsely sliced, or 1 teaspoon ground
- Honey (optional)
- Non-dairy creamer (optional)
- In a medium pot, combine all of the ingredients except the honey and creamer, and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat promptly, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain into cups through a fine mesh sieve or tea strainer. Sweeten and add creamer to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Tea
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Beverage
Keywords: tea, golden, turmeric