This earthy and aromatic herbal iced tea is brimming with health benefits. Fennel and nettle supercharge the flavor, with a hint of anise.
- 5 cups cold water
- 3 nettle tea bags
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh fennel (bulb or fronds)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (about 1/4 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons local honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add 5 cups cold water to a medium-size pot. Place over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add nettle tea bags to the pot. Allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Add fennel and mint. Stir in the honey.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove the teabags. Strain into a pitcher, and stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve over ice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Tea
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Beverage
Keywords: fennel, nettle, iced tea, mint, honey, lemon