Need a tasty dip for gameday, movie night, or just for snacking? Try Obatzda! It’s a Bavarian cheese dip that’s perfect for dipping and as a sauce. Serve this tasty German fare with everything from leftovers that need a little sprucing up to an authentic Oktoberfest meal.
- 1 onion
- 6.5 ounces mild Camembert
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter (softened)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- handful chopped chives ((optional))
- Peel the onion and finely mince it.
- Mash the Camembert with a fork or your hand, and mix with the cream cheese, butter, and onion in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Refrigerate to infuse the flavors for approximately half an hour before serving.
- Season once more and garnish with the chives.
- Category: Dips
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: German Food, Bavarian, Cheese Dip, Oktoberfest