Let your party guests devour a huge plate of loaded chili lime jackfruit nachos, a vegetarian alternative with bright and bold flavors.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10–11 oz prepared jackfruit (Chili Lime, or your favorite style)
- 1/2 bag (6.5 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 15-ounce can drained black beans
- 1 6-ounce can drained black olives, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar cheese are fine)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the jackfruit, and stir until softened and warmed, breaking up larger pieces, for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips on the bottom of a large cast iron skillet. Scatter the jackfruit over the nachos. Spread the beans, black olives, and corn kernels on top of the nachos. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the toppings.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and starting to bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Add the other toppings: jalapeno, avocado, salsa, and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
- Category: Nachos
- Method: Baking/Stovetop
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: vegetarian, nachos, tortilla chips, appetizers, meatless