These corn dog muffins are sweet, savory, and oh-so-devourable. You can make this recipe for dinner, but it also works for an afternoon snack.
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or alternative milk like soy or coconut)
- 4 hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Brush each well of a 12-cup muffin pan with about 1 tablespoon of canola oil total, and set aside.
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir the egg, milk, and the remaining teaspoon of canola oil together until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, being sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl well.
- Fill muffin cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Cut hot dogs into thirds. Place a piece of hot dog into the center of each cup.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until cornbread is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edges of each to loosen before removing from pan. Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: savory muffins, corn dog, corn dog muffin, gluten free, dairy free