These unique tartines are easy to assemble for a party: toast, soft chevre, pesto, roasted carrots, maple syrup, and fresh herbs combine together for an explosion of fun flavors that will keep everyone entertained.
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small crusty bread loaf, or 1 French baguette
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into skinny, short matchsticks. Spread out onto a half-sheet pan lined with a silicone mat or foil.
- Stir together the olive oil with the 1/4 cup chopped parsley, dill, and basil. Toss the mixture with the carrots until evenly coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the top.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Don’t turn off the oven.
- Slice the bread into 10 even slices about 1/4-inch thick. Place slices on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned and crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Spread the top of each slice with the cheese. Lightly spoon the pesto on top of the cheese. Evenly divide the roasted carrots on top of the pesto.
- When ready to serve, transfer the slices to your serving platter. Drizzle with a little maple syrup all over the top, and garnish with chopped parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Crostini
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: tartine, crostini, carrot, appetizer, pesto, goat cheese