Get ready for the next big thing in handheld deliciousness. Mini pizza bites are the poppable snack that satisfies your pizza craving.
- Cooking oil spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour blend)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni slices
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 cups marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking oil spray.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a small bowl to combine.
- Add milk, egg, salt, herbs, and seasonings to the flour mixture, and whisk until combined. Stir in mozzarella and pepperoni until combined.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir mixture again and pour into muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the top of each cup.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Warm sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat or serve cold with the bites for dipping.
Recipe adapted from Noble Pig.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bite-Sized
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: pepperoni, mozzarella, pizza, party food, appetizer