Need a memorable handheld for your next party? These buttery roast beef sliders with sharp provolone and horseradish will be a hit.
- 12 slider buns (like dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli-style roast beef
- 6 slices sharp provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Split the buns down the middle (keeping them intact if they came stuck together) and place them into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and horseradish. Spread evenly on the bottom side of each bun, and then top with the roast beef, cheese, and top portions of the buns.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Once the brown sugar has dissolved into the butter, remove the pan from heat and then whisk in the mustard, onion, Worcestershire, and salt.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the sandwiches and then sprinkle them with the poppy seeds. Loosely cover the sliders with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake until the top buns are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 8-10 more minutes. Serve warm.
- Category: Sliders
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizer
Keywords: sliders, roast beef, mustard, horseradish, provolone cheese