Wherever you are for New Year’s Eve or your next festive event, heat things up with the flavors of the islands with our homemade Tropical Chicken Cups.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast (i.e. leftover roasted chicken), diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a mini muffin pan with olive oil.
- Press each wonton wrapper into the muffin cups, adhering to the shape of the cup. There will be a bit of folding involved, which is perfectly fine.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook another minute, stirring once or twice, until fragrant. Add diced chicken, coconut milk, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lime zest, avocado, and pineapple. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared wonton wrappers. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: chicken, tropical, pineapple, avocado, wonton