This grilled chicken yakitori is a fantastic way to bring a savory Japanese tradition into your own home. The recipe is simple and flavorful.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, gluten-free tamari, or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 8–10 wooden skewers
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins (about 8-10)
- Place soy sauce, honey, fresh ginger, garlic, and red pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place chicken in the bowl and turn the tenderloins to coat well with the marinade.
- Let it soak in for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes before using.
- Thread 1 or 2 chicken tenderloins onto each skewer.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: appetizer, snack, grilled chicken, Japanese, yakitori