These juicy marinated Moroccan lamb kebabs are proof that grilled meat on skewers always makes for a wonderful snack or centerpiece of a meal.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ras el hanout
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds lamb, cubed (lamb shank or neck are best)
- Bamboo skewers
- Add yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint, ras el hanout, salt, and black pepper to a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Transfer half of the yogurt mixture to a large resealable bag. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add cubed lamb to the bag and seal. Move the lamb around in the bag with your hands to coat it evenly in the marinade mixture. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Soak skewers in cold water for 30-60 minutes before you plan to cook.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (about 325-350˚F). Remove meat from marinade and thread onto skewers. Discard the bag and any marinade that remains.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Drizzle meat with the refrigerated yogurt mixture that you reserved before serving.
- Category: Lamb
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Kebabs
Keywords: lamb, kebab, Moroccan, ras el hanout