If you’re looking for a whole lot of flavor, try our Alabama-style grilled chicken sandwich with white barbecue sauce.
For the Chicken:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (approx. 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 Tbsp Tangy White Barbecue Sauce, plus more for serving (about ½ cup total)
For the Sandwiches:
- 2 Kaiser rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced pickle chips or rounds
- 1 1/2 cups homemade coleslaw
- Heat grill to high heat. Trim the chicken if necessary. In a small bowl, stir together the salt, black pepper, and cayenne for the chicken. Rub the raw chicken with the spice mixture evenly on all sides.
- Grill the chicken for approximately 5-6 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. In the last few minutes of cooking, lightly brush the chicken with a tablespoon of tangy white BBQ sauce.
- Slice the rolls in half and toast on the grill if desired.
- Remove chicken from the grill, and let rest under a tented piece of foil on a cutting board for about 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Divide the chicken between the buns, and top with pickles and coleslaw as desired. Spread more barbecue sauce liberally on the top of each bun, and serve immediately.
- Category: Barbecue
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Sandwiches
Keywords: barbecue, bbq, grilled chicken, chicken sandwich