Citrus marinated beef kebabs are the ideal summer meal for grilling season. The meat is juicy and tender after sitting in a flavorful marinade.
- 1 pound beef steak, such as flank or sirloin
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one lime
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium mild onion, cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Bamboo skewers
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cut beef into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Place beef into a gallon size zip-top bag.
- Add orange juice, lime juice, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce), cumin, garlic, lime zest, orange zest, salt, and pepper to the bag. Squeeze the bag lightly with your hands to make sure the beef is well coated with the marinade.
- Add vegetables to the bag, seal it, and shake to coat. Place the bag in a large mixing bowl to catch any leaks. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- At least one hour before you plan to cook the kebabs, place the bamboo skewers into a baking dish large enough so they can lay flat. Cover with water and let soak.
- Preheat the grill.
- Thread beef and vegetables onto skewers, alternating pieces in any pattern you like.
- Place kebabs on the hot grill and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until beef is done to your preference, flipping halfway through. Remove from the grill and serve immediately, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Kebabs
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Beef
Keywords: beef, kebab, lime, orange, grilling