Want to try a flavorful twist on a classic recipe? Coffee-rubbed roast beef is an earthy remix of your favorite entree.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar or palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2.5-pound boneless beef roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix together coffee grounds, sugar, pepper, oregano, and salt in a small bowl until combined.
- Use your hands to rub the roast all over with the spice blend.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil. Once hot, sear beef on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer seared meat to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in center of oven and roast 65-85 minutes (or 25-35 minutes per pound) or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145˚F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Category: Roast
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Beef
Keywords: coffee, brown sugar, beef, roast