Seasoned to perfection and baked until golden-brown and tender, these juicy gluten-free meatballs come together in just thirty minutes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (like 92% lean/8% fat)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup minced or grated white onion
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 3/4 ounce), plus more for garnish
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried), plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, parmesan, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Gently fold the mixture together, making sure not to overwork the meat.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. You’ll end up with approximately 20-24 meatballs. Place the meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Divide the meatballs among plates, and garnish with the remaining parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve with a simple mixed greens salad and crusty bread.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: gluten-free, beef, meatball