Italian stuffed steak pinwheels are filled with the flavors of balsamic vinegar, provolone, and basil. Grilled to perfection, they’re sure to be a hit.
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, butterflied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3–4 slices deli-style provolone cheese
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Open steak and lay flat, with the grain running from left to right. Sprinkle both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top, distributing it evenly. Place cheese slices on top, then cover the cheese with basil leaves.
- Starting at one of the short ends, begin to roll the steak away from you, rolling it up very tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place steak on grill, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for a total of 20 minutes, turning in 5-minute increments to cook on all sides. The internal temperature should read 130˚F for medium rare, or 140˚F for medium well.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice into pinwheels and remove toothpicks. Serve immediately.
- Category: Steak
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Beef
Keywords: steak, Italian, balsamic vinegar, provolone cheese, basil, grill