Korean beef tacos with kimchi and cabbage slaw are the perfect option to spice up your taco night.
For the Beef Filling:
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil (or regular sesame oil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white parts only
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Zest of 1 lime
For the Slaw:
- 1 small head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Tacos:
- Tortillas, either corn or flour
- Kimchi, thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped green onion (green parts reserved from marinade)
- Cut skirt steak against the grain into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Place soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, white parts of the green onion, ginger, and lime zest in a bowl and whisk together well. Add the beef, and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- To make the slaw, place cabbage in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Pour over the cabbage, then toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Discard marinade and place beef strips into the hot skillet. Cook until the meat is cooked through to medium rare, about 5-8 minutes (or longer if you desire). Remove from heat.
- Heat each tortilla in a dry, hot pan over medium-high heat. Add a portion of beef and top with slaw. Top as desired with kimchi, sriracha, cilantro, and green onion.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tacos
Keywords: korean, beef, taco, kimchi, cabbage, slaw