It’s easier than you might think to learn how to make the most flavorful marinated tri-tip steak. The marinade makes this cut of beef so juicy and tender.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh parsley or basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds tri-tip steak
- Stir together soy sauce (or Liquid Aminos), olive oil, parsley or basil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey or agave syrup, minced garlic, and ground black pepper in a baking dish with high sides. Place the beef in the dish and turn several times to coat with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 350-400˚F). Place the steak in the center of the grill and cover. Cook for 7-8 minutes. Turn over and cook for 8 more minutes for medium rare, or until the meat reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the grill and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice diagonally and against the grain into 1/2-inch-thick pieces and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 mintues
- Category: Beef
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: tri-tip, steak, beef, marinade, grill