Easy mini meatloaf muffins are an excellent entree option to get dinner on the table in under an hour, and they are so flavorful and juicy.
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 2 slices bread (regular or gluten free, or 2/3 cup breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- Pulse the bread in a food processor or blender to create coarse crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and oregano. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and saute for another 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Combine the onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup (store bought or homemade), and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix well until incorporated.
- Spoon meat mixture into prepared muffin tin until each well is almost full. Pack the mixture into each cup, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup, spreading to coat the surface.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 160˚F when inserted into the center of a cup without touching the bottom. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Meatloaf
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Beef
Keywords: meatloaf, beef, muffin