Prepare steakhouse quality entrees right in your own kitchen with this incredibly simple 20-minute pan seared steak recipe. The beef is so juicy.
- 2 NY strip or boneless ribeye steaks (6-8 ounces each, 1/2-1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sprinkle the meat evenly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until a drop of water disappears immediately when sprinkled in the center.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet, then add the seasoned meat.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare inch-thick steaks, or to desired level of doneness. Note that you may have to adjust cooking time according to the thickness of the beef, as thinner cuts will need less time per side. If the pan is dry, add 1 tablespoon butter when you flip the meat.
- Remove from the skillet and serve with your choice of sides, and sauteed mushrooms on top, if you like.
- Category: Steak
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Beef
Keywords: steak, New York strip, ribeye