Grilled steak and potato kebabs are ideal – not to mention super easy – for a healthy weeknight dinner or your next backyard barbecue.
- 1 pound sirloin or other tender cut of steak, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 bamboo or metal skewers
- 1 pound new potatoes
To Marinate the Meat:
- Place cubed steak in a large bowl. Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, coriander, paprika, black pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over the beef and stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 12 hours.
To Par-Cook Potatoes on the Stove:
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 6-10 minutes, until a fork pierces the skin easily. Remove from heat before potatoes are fully cooked – they will finish cooking on the grill.
- Drain in a colander and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Pat dry and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. You can do this step a few hours ahead of time if you choose, and refrigerate until ready to use.
To Par-Cook Potatoes in the Microwave:
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Pierce each potato a couple of times with a fork, add to the bowl, and stir to coat in the oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or a lid. Microwave for 6-8 minutes on medium power (50%), until a fork pierces the skin easily, stirring after 4 minutes. Make sure you do not cook the potatoes all the way through. Let cool and use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 15 minutes to prevent scorching.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Thread potatoes and steak onto skewers. Place skewers on grill. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn and continue cooking until steak reaches your desired level of doneness, and potatoes are golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
- Category: Kebabs
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Beef
Keywords: kebab, steak, potato