These easy, foolproof garlic knots are prepared with store bought pizza dough. Just shape, brush with garlic oil, and bake until they’re golden.
- Cooking oil spray (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz homemade or refrigerated premade pizza dough
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- Preheat oven according to pizza dough package directions. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking oil spray, or line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently for about 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Don’t let the garlic burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough out flat into a rectangle that is 15 by 2 inches, and approximately 1/2 inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 10 strips approximately 1 ½ to 2 inches wide.
- Gently roll each strip into a log that is 8 inches long. Tie each strip into a loose knot. Tuck the ends underneath.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, with a little space in between each. Brush each knot evenly with the garlic oil. Sprinkle each with kosher salt. Save any extra flavored oil for serving.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner Rolls
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: garlic, knots, dinner rolls, pizza dough