When it comes to the ultimate baked goody, this super moist and tasty banana bread recipe will top the list the moment you try it.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a standard 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting the paper drape over the sides to create a sling.
- In a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar, beating it on high speed until the mixture lightens in color and texture.
- Add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture in three additions, beating on low speed until just combined after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the lightly beaten eggs.
- Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Fold in with a spatula until just combined.
- Scrape the mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5-10 minutes before unmolding to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: banana bread, breakfast, brunch, banana