You can never have too many quick bread recipes, especially with our chocolate chip banana bread. Learn how to make this cake-like treat now.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the entire loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and butter on medium speed until blended together. Add eggs one at a time, and continue to beat the mixture until combined at medium speed.
- Mix in the bananas, sour cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture. Beat at low speed, just until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips without overmixing, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for garnish.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack, then remove loaf and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate chips, banana, chocolate