Need a filling on-the-go breakfast? Make these breakfast toast cups with eggs and bacon. They has everything you love all in a few bites.
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 12 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Gently flatten out 12 slices of bread with a rolling pin to about a 1/8-inch thickness. With a large, 4-inch cookie cutter, cut out one circle from each slice, reserving the crust. Slice each circle in half.
- Place 2 halves opposite each other in each muffin cup. Position the slices so that they emerge slightly above the edges of each cup. Use the reserved bread crust to fill any openings on the bottom of the tin, making sure there is no exposed metal in each cup. Lightly press the bread to shape and flatten it.
- Cook the bacon slices in a large frying pan over medium heat, and remove them from the heat while they are still soft, but mostly cooked. Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the fat.
- While the bacon is still warm and pliable, wrap one piece on the inside of each bread-lined muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the bottom of each cup, pressing down to create a space for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs one at a time, and carefully place into each muffin cup.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your preference. Top with chives, if using.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Bite-Sized
- Method: Baking, Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, bacon, on-the-go, make-ahead