Comforting blueberry scones are a simple breakfast that everyone will love waking up to. Plain or with butter, you won’t be able to resist indulging in one.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, Sucanat or sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cream and egg. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mix and fold in with a spatula until the dough begins to come together.
- Using your hands, knead the dough lightly until it comes together. Make sure you don’t over handle the mix.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured, clean work surface, shape each half of dough into a 6-inch disc. Cut each disc into 6 wedges.
- Place on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet. Top each wedge with approximately ½ tsp of turbinado sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- Category: Scones
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast, Afternoon Tea
Keywords: scone, blueberry