You’ll love all the easy tricks that make these homemade einkorn chocolate chip Belgian waffles so soft and fluffy. Get the delicious recipe now on Foodal.
- 2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, plus more as needed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and preheat the waffle maker. Place a heatproof wire cooling rack on top of each of two rimmed baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, egg yolks, and vanilla extract until completely combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until a thick and smooth batter forms, adding more milk in 1/8-cup increments if the batter is too thick for pouring.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter with a spatula until nearly incorporated, with just a few white streaks remaining. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter until evenly distributed without overmixing.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 3/4 cup of batter into the center of the waffle iron, or the appropriate amount for your appliance. Close the lid and cook until lightly golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place the cooked waffle on one of the cooling racks and transfer to the oven to keep warm and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter, lightly greasing the waffle iron between batches. Place the waffles on the wire racks side by side rather than stacking to prevent steaming.
- When ready to serve, remove the waffles from the oven and place one or two on each plate. Serve with maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Waffles
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: waffle, einkorn, chocolate chip