There’s nothing better than the perfect eggs Benedict with magical blender hollandaise for breakfast, especially when the sauce is so easy.
For the Hollandaise:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the Eggs Benedict:
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 8 large eggs, chilled
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 large slices Canadian bacon (16 if yours are small)
To Make the Hollandaise:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stove, or a glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- Add egg yolks to a blender or food processor. Pulse to quickly blend.
- With the blender on, slowly add melted butter in a steady stream. The sauce will form and magically thicken as it blends.
- Add lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Blend to combine.
- While warming the hollandaise, toast the split English muffin halves in a toaster oven or toaster.
To Poach the Eggs:
- Heat about 1 inch of water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons white vinegar in a 2-quart saucepan, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Crack one cold egg into a small custard cup or similar container. Repeat with each egg.
- With a long-handled spoon, stir water in a clockwise direction to form a whirlpool.
- Bringing the cup close to the water, gently tip the egg into the whirlpool. This helps the edges to form without feathering.
- Turn off heat and allow eggs to poach for 5 minutes. Resist the urge to nudge the eggs.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon.
To Make the Benedict:
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add Canadian bacon and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Remove slices to a small plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Toast the English muffins, and place two halves on each plate.
- Warm up the hollandaise over low heat in a small saucepan while whisking gently.
- Place Canadian bacon on top of each muffin, distributed evenly.
- Place one poached egg atop each muffin half.
- Ladle warm hollandaise sauce over the top as desired.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Category: Eggs
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: Eggs Benedict, hollandaise sauce, brunch, poached eggs, Canadian bacon,