Want to brighten your morning with a slightly sweet, nourishing cluster of oats? Kick off the day with this simple cinnamon-scented granola.
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or a neutral oil like avocado or grapeseed)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper (or coat with nonstick cooking oil spray).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, salt, cinnamon, almonds, and sesame seeds. Gently fold the olive oil mixture into the oats.
- Spread onto the baking sheets, evenly flattening the mixture with the back of a spatula.
- Bake, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown and very fragrant, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Granola
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: snack, granola, almond, cinnamon