Desperate for a super easy brunch idea? This make-ahead egg casserole is your tasty solution. Prep it the night before, bake in the morning.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced green onions, about 4 green onions
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked meat (turkey, chicken, ham, sausage)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the spring onions. Let cook briefly until fragrant. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms. Cook until everything has just slightly softened, but still firm, about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Arrange vegetables in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the chopped meat. Sprinkle the cheese over the meat.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl. Add the chopped parsley and milk, and whisk together until evenly blended. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over everything in baking dish. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, uncover the baking dish, and let it come to room temperature as you heat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until the mixture is set and no longer jiggles, and the top is lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into squares.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes